Saturday, January 7, 2012

RAW CRACKER-BREAD made with vegetable juice pulp


This was my second experiment with making a raw, dehydrator cracker-bread using the vegetable pulp left over from juicing. Wow, you end up with SO much veg pulp after juicing and it feels like such a waste to just throw it out. I did not follow a recipe, I just made it up. It took about 12 hours of dehydrating to get a mostly crunchy cracker like texture. I ended up preferring the thicker bread-like rounds as opposed to the thinner cracker sheets. Also, I think adding A LOT more spice would really inspire me to choose these over conventional breads or toast. I think that its all about experimentation based on the type of veg pulp you have on hand. Oooo, I can even imagine something with a hint of fruity sweetness and curry spice... hmmm... Here is a list of what ingredients I used this time around: 1). veg pulp left over from juicing about a 1.5 quarts of juice (carrots, cilantro, parsley, cucumber, celery and a tiny piece of ginger) 2) As a binder: soaked chia seeds (1/4 cup seeds to 2.5 cups water) and soaked whole flax seeds (1/4 cup seeds to 1.5 cups water) - each were soaked for a few hours 3) Seasoned to taste with: fresh jalapeno, shallot, garlic, sea salt, pepper, cider vinegar, lemon juice, tamari soy sauce, cayenne powder, dried chili flakes, and misc fresh garden herbs 4) about 1.5 cups mixed soaked and sprouted nuts: pumpkin, sunflower and almonds I blended it all up in a food processor, glopped it onto dehydrator sheets with parchment paper and tested for ...

Videos For Ipod Online




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。







Sponsor Links